Been spending too much time in the kitchen trying to recreate KFC 11 Herbs and Spices or Big Mac special sauce during lockdown.
Here is a healthy, quick and easy recipe to give your body a break.
HONEY & FETA PITA POCKETS
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooks: 1-2 minutes
- 1 large tomato, roughly chopped
- 100g cucumber, deseeded and diced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 25g pitted black olives, sliced
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tsp Egmont Honey
- 200g feta, diced
- 4 wholemeal pita, toasted
- Fresh mint leaves to garnish
- Mix together the tomatoes, cucumber, onion and olives. Whisk together the oil, vinegar and 1 tsp honey and toss into the salad, season.
- Mix the feta with the remaining honey and place on a foil lined baking tray under a preheated grill for 1-2 minutes.
- Cut open the pitas and divide the salad between them, top with the honeyed feta with the juices and sprinkle with mint leaves.
Try substituting the feta for cooked chicken breast or halloumi cheese.