While muesli or granola is usually seen as a healthy breakfast, it often contains tablespoons of artificial sugars. Mānuka Honey is a healthier alternative to refined sugars, while offering other health benefits like anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Flanked by other goodies like sunflower and chia seeds, this homemade muesli is definitely a healthier (and yummier) breakfast option!
Serves: Makes about 7 cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40-50 minutes
- 2 cups oats
- 1 ½ cups coconut chips
- 1 ½ cups cashew nuts
- 1 ½ cups sunflower seeds
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup Egmont Raw Honey
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160°C on fan bake.
2. Put the oats, coconut chips, nuts, seeds and spices into a large bowl and mix well.
3. Put the coconut oil and the honey into a small pot or pan and heat gently until melted.
4. Pour this over the oat mixture and again mix well to combine.
5. Line two slice tins with baking paper and spoon the muesli mixture out into the tins.
6. Using a large spoon, press the muesli into the tins.
7. Put into the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until golden and crunchy. If the muesli browns too much as it cooks, put a piece of tinfoil over the top of the tins.
8. Remove from the oven and leave to cool before breaking into clusters. Store in an airtight container.