Smashed potatoes are an easy yet impressive side and served alongside this hot honey mayo they are taken to the next level. Delicious with your favourite BBQ cut of beef or fish, or with a good roast chicken.
Serves: 6 as a side
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1kg baby potatoes
- 40g butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Egmont Honey
- 1-2 tablespoons of your favourite hot sauce, or to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
2. Put the potatoes into a large saucepan, cover and bring to the boil then cook for 10 minutes or until a sharp knife inserted into the biggest potato goes in without resistance.
3. Once cooked remove from the heat and drain.
4. Arrange on a baking tray and using a potato masher press down on the potatoes to split their skin and flatten them slightly.
5. In a small pan or saucepan melt together the butter and olive oil then pour over the smashed potatoes.
6. Season with sea salt and roast for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
7. In a little bowl, mix together the mayo, honey and the hot sauce and serve with the smashed potatoes.