This rhubarb syrup will brighten up any drink and is also lovely poured over ice-cream or fruit salad. Keep it in the fridge once you have made it and use within a week. Cheers!
Serves: Makes approx. 2 ½ cups syrup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 750g rhubarb, cut into pieces
- 1 cup/350g Egmont Mānuka Honey
- 1 cup water
- Zest 1 lemon
1. Cut the rhubarb into pieces and put into a large pot along with the honey and the water.
2. Put on the lid and bring to the boil.
3. Reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes then remove from the heat.
4. Peel the zest from the lemon using a vegetable peeler, add this to the pot and set aside to cool.
5. You can leave this to cool overnight to let the flavours intensify even further.
6. Once cool, strain through a sieve (you can keep the rhubarb pulp for on top of muesli, ice-cream or in a fruit crumble) and store in a sterilised bottle.
7. Serve with soda water or in your favourite cocktail for a lovely blushing pink summer drink.