This is like dessert in a mug. Rich, silky smooth and flavoured with a good kick of ginger and cinnamon. Whip this up over the weekend, pour it into a thermos, rug up and venture outdoors to soak up the sunshine and fresh winter air. You won’t regret it!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500ml full cream milk
- 115g dark chocolate (we used 70% cocoa)
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- Pinch chilli
- 1 tablespoon Egmont Honey
- Soft whipped cream to serve
1. Put all the ingredients (reserving a couple of bit of chocolate to use as garnish) into a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
2. Over a medium-high heat, whisk the milk until the chocolate is melted and the spices are incorporated.
3. When almost boiling, remove from the heat and divide between 4 mugs.
4. Chop the remaining chocolate. Add a dollop of gently whipped cream to the top of each mug along with a sprinkling of chopped chocolate. Serve immediately.