Using honey instead of sugar adds depth to the bold orange and rosemary that makes up this syrup. The final product blushes a beautiful orange and makes the most delicious spring drink simply poured over ice and topped up with soda water. It is also delicious make into a hot tea, poured over porridge, fruit in a fruit crumble or over ice cream.
Makes approx. 1 cup
- 4 oranges
- 1 sprig rosemary
- ½ cup/200g Egmont Honey
- ½ cup boiling water
- Peel the oranges with a vegetable peeler and place into a heat-proof bowl.
- Squeeze the oranges into the same bowl then add the honey, boiling water and rosemary.
- Stir well to combine, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- You can now strain the orange peel and rosemary from the syrup and pour into a bottle. Alternatively, you can pour it into a bottle along with the peel and rosemary to further intensify the flavour.
- Serve over ice with soda water. Will keep in the fridge for a week.