These honey cashew clusters add a bit of flavour and crunch to your morning routine. They are delicious scattered over yoghurt or porridge, adding a dose good fats as well as vitamins and minerals. They also make great lunchbox snacks! This recipe makes 1 and 1/3 cups.
- 200g or 1 + 1/3 cups cashews
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 3 tablespoons Egmont Honey
1. In a heavy-bottomed frying pan over a medium heat, toast the cashews and sesame seeds until golden brown. Stir as you go to make sure they don’t burn.
2. Remove from the heat and add in the hemp seeds and a pinch of salt, followed by the honey.
3. Mix well until all the nuts and seeds are well coated in the honey.
4. Continue to mix from time-to-time as they cool to stop them sticking together.
5. Once cool put in an airtight container. Keeps for several weeks in a dark cupboard.