Welcome back to Gourmet@Home lockdown Recipe No.2
Were you lucky enough to get your hands on a bag of flour? If so get the kids involved and create some delish cookies with them!
Prep: 15 minutes plus chilling
Cook: 10-12 minutes
Makes 15 Cookies
- 80g butter, softened
- 75g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp Egmont Manuka Honey
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 200g plain flour
- Pinch sea salt flakes
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 200oC. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Whisk the butter, sugar, honey and the zest of 1 lemon until pale and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Mix together the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda and mix into the butter mix. Chill for 1 hour.
- Spoon 15 balls of cookie dough onto the baking trays and flatten slightly and sprinkle with the remaining lemon zest. Bake for 10-12 minutes until just turning golden round the edges.
Try adding white chocolate chips to the mix and sprinkle with dried raspberry flakes. Best eaten on the day of baking.
Per cookie 533kJ / 127kcals / 4.9g fat / 2.9g saturated fat / 19g carbs / 8.2g sugars / 0.7g fibre / 1.9g protein / 0.3g salt