These sticky and sweet cinnamon buns will quickly become a favourite in any household. You can add any additional flavour but the tang of the fresh raspberries works really well with the honey.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Ingredients – makes 10-12 small rolls
To make your dough:
2 x cups of self-raising flour
90g salted butter (room temperature)
2/3 cup of trim milk
1 x pinch of cinnamon
1 x pinch salt
For the filling:
120g salted butter
2 x tbsp Egmont honey
3 x teaspoons cinnamon
1 x tbsp white sugar
1 cup chopped almonds (2/3 for filling, 1/3 for topping)
½ cup of fresh or freeze-dried raspberries
For the icing:
1 cup icing sugar
2-3 teaspoons hot water
1 x teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Sift the flour into a bowl, then rub chopped butter into the flour using your fingertips.
- Make a hole in the centre and milk. Mix lightly to make a soft dough.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for a few minutes until smooth.
- Roll dough out into a rectangle with about 5-7mm thickness.
- To make the filling; Beat the butter with honey, cinnamon and sugar with electric beaters until light and fluffy. Spread evenly over the dough rectangle.
- Sprinkle ¾ of the almonds and raspberries over the honey mix.
- Roll up dough from the long side and using a sharp knife, slice the dough into 3cm pieces.
- Place rolls onto a lined tray with a lip (so the ingredients don’t spill over)
- Cook for 20-30 minutes or until golden.
- While the rolls are in the oven, make your icing and let it cool and thicken.
- Once the buns are cool, pour the icing over and sprinkle with the remaining almonds and raspberries.
- Pull apart and serve!