The perfect take on a true kiwi favourite. Warm citrus flavours with the sweetness of honey, makes this dish a true favourite…1 serving is not enough!
Makes 4 – 5 bowls
Prep Time 15 mins
2 x tbsp Manuka Egmont honey (1 for the rhubarb and 1 for the ambrosia)
40g Raw Clover Honeycomb
300g lite plain Greek yogurt
100g whipped cream
1 x zest of an orange
3 stalks fresh rhubarb
2 x sliced navel oranges
¼ tsp cumin
½ tsp cinnamon
8-10 fresh strawberries sliced
½ cup pistachios crushed
½ block dark chocolate (for this recipe I used dark orange)
1 x Cadbury flake crushed (or similar)
Rhubarb and honey compote
- Slice rhubarb and oranges into small chunks.
- In a pan, place orange, rhubarb, honey, cumin, cinnamon and 1 tsp of orange zest together.
- Heat on a low heat and stir to combine. Add ¼ cup of water to loosen up the ingredients.
- Leave to simmer for 5-10 mins.
- Remove from pan and place in a cold area to cool down or make the night before and leave overnight to cool.
- Add yogurt, ½ the rhubarb and honey compote and whipped cream to a large bowl. Add the remaining orange zest and mix together
- From there, add the coconut, strawberries, honey, and dark chocolate chunks and mix well again.
- Once combined loosely, sprinkle the top with crushed flake or similar.
- Add crushed pistachios
- Scoop 1 spoon of the remaining rhubarb compote into the bowl or dish.
- Top with the ambrosia mixture.
- Finish with more crushed pistachios, dark chocolate and fresh honeycomb.