This is the perfect Summer or Winter meal packed full of veggies and can be topped with any protein of your choice. If vegetarian, try adding tofu instead of chicken.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients – serves 2
1 large Chicken breast
300g shelf fresh noodles, Hokkien or Singapore
1 x carrot, grated finely
10 green beans halved
½ spring onion, sliced
½ cucumber, sliced
¼ red cabbage, shredded
1x tsp sesame seeds
1x tbsp Egmont honey
1x tbsp soy sauce, salt reduced
½ tsp sesame oil
1x tsp Sriracha
1 x tbsp lemon juice
1 x tsp crushed ginger
1 x tsp crushed garlic
1 x tbsp Egmont honey
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped coriander, sliced lime, sesame seeds and chilli flakes to garnish
- Chop your chicken breasts into cubes about 3-4cm thick.
- Place all marinade ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Cover the chicken with half of the sauce and leave for 30mins in the fridge to soak.
- Place noodles in a large bowl. Cover with boiling water for 1 minute, then drain and refresh in running cold water. Set aside.
- Add carrot, spring onion, green beans, cucumber and cabbage to noodles. Gently toss to combine.
- Add Egmont honey, soy sauce, sriracha, lemon juice and sesame oil together and mix well.
- Pour dressing over noodle mix
- Make your chicken skewers and cook on medium-high heat turning frequently while brushing with the excess marinade.
- Once cooked, place it on top of your salad.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds on top, coriander and chilli flakes.
- Serve immediately with a squeeze of lime.