There is nothing better than creamy burrata and sweet honey mixed with roasted veggies and warm crusty bread. This dish makes the perfect starter for a dinner party or as a main meal when you are feeling a little fancier!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30-40 mins
½ cup Egmont honey
1 pack of fresh spinach leaves
3-4 large kale leaves
1 x 250g pack cooked natural beetroot
6-7 baby carrots
3 tbsp olive oil
1 x burrata (or buffalo mozzarella)
a few sprigs of thyme, leaves picked
flaky sea salt
Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- In a small bowl, melt the honey and the butter together with a pinch of salt.
- In a larger bowl toss the carrots in half the honey mixture then spread onto a lined baking tray.
- Next, add chop the beetroot into large chunks and add to the bowl with the remaining honey mixture. Toss to coat.
- Place the carrots and beetroot in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown and sizzling.
- When the veggies are nearly cooked, spread the kale leaves & hazelnuts out on a separate baking tray with a drizzle of honey. Bake for about 6 minutes until the nuts are toasted and the kale is crispy.
- From here, zest the lemon and set this aside for garnish. Once the hazelnuts are cool, roughly chop these and place to the side.
- To serve, line a bowl with spinach leaves. Next add the crispy kale, carrots and beetroot. Place the burrata in the centre of each plate, into the salad. Scatter the hazelnuts, thyme leaves and lemon zest on top.
- Finish the dish by seasoning with a little flaky sea salt and pepper.
- Serve with warm crusty bread as the perfect starter for a dinner party or main meal.