So easy, yet so delicious. A mix of salty and sweet veggies which is the perfect side dish when you want to impress your guests.
Makes 5 bundles (1 per person)
Prep Time 15 mins
Cooking time 30 mins
2 x tbsp creamy Egmont honey
1 x bunch asparagus (15 spears)
1 x pack Parma ham (1 slice per bundle)
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon paprika
Salt and pepper
1 x clove garlic roughly sliced
1/3 cup almonds1/3 cup walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Wash and trim the bottom ends from the asparagus.
- Prepare your oven dish and line it with baking paper.
- Wrap 1 slice of Parma ham around 3 asparagus spears. Repeat until finished.
- Place all bundles in your tray.
- Meanwhile, in a pan add your garlic, honey, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper to a pan and heat until mixed well.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle half the nuts on top of the asparagus spears in the baking tray and pour the glaze over the asparagus bundles.
- Add the remaining nuts and sprinkle with salt and pepper with a little olive oil.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until asparagus is cooked through.
- Serve immediately.