Honey, feta cheese and carrots go SO well together and make for an inexpensive, yet impressive side dish for your Summer Christmas celebrations.
Makes 1 x large side order
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking time 40 mins.
2 x tbsp Manuka Egmont honey
2 x bags of coloured carrots
½ cup sliced almonds
100g crumbled feta cheese
1 x tsp mixed herbs
1 x tsp oregano
1 x sprig rosemary chopped finely
10-15 fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Trim your carrots so only a small stalk remains on each one – about 2-3cms.
- Scrub the carrots to remove any soil.
- Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Combine oil, honey, herbs, oregano, rosemary, thyme in a large mixing bowl.
- Add carrots and toss until well coated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large lined baking tray, place all carrots in a single line.
- Add half the almonds on top of the carrots and place in the oven.
- Roast carrots, tossing once, for 30-40 minutes until tender and serve.
- Sprinkle the remaining almonds, crumbled feta and a few extra thyme leaves on top of the carrots and serve immediately.