This citrus and honey salmon is a crowd pleaser for pescatarians and meat eaters a like and is the perfect addition to your summer Christmas dinner.
Prep Time 15 mins
1 x side salmon, boneless.
½ cup Egmont honey
2 x sprigs Rosemary
3 x cloves garlic
Lemon and orange slices (1/2 lemon and ½ orange)
12 spears Asparagus
1 x tablespoon sriracha
1 x tablespoon Wholegrain mustard
Fresh parsley to garnish
Salt and pepper
- Firstly, get all your ingredients for your sauce ready.
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees.
- In a small saucepan set over medium low heat, whisk together all ingredients until just mixed then reduce heat and leave to simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- In a deep baking tray, line the tray with baking paper and tinfoil. Add the asparagus to the tray and season with salt and pepper. Place the salmon over the asparagus and pour the sauce over the salmon.
- Add the sliced fruit parsley and rosemary sprigs and fold up the tinfoil so it makes a sealed package.
- Add to the oven and cook for about 12-16 minutes. Remove from the oven, open the tinfoil pouch and bake for another 5 minutes until cooked through and crust of salmon starts to darken.
- Once cooked through remove from oven, and place on a room temperature tray to prevent it continuing to cook.
- Serve with salad or potatoes and pour the sticky sauce over.