These chocolate cups are melt in your mouth perfection! Extra dark chocolate biscuit base, filled with creamy dulce de leche and topped with smooth chocolate and flaky sea salt makes for the perfect after dinner treat or dinner party favourite!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Chill time: 1.5 hours
Ingredients – makes 10-12 chocolates
½ x cup of Egmont Dulce De Leche
220g x dark chocolate (70% works best)
50g x salted butter
7 x digestive biscuits (crushed)
- Start by placing your mini baking cases into a muffin tin or similar and clear a space in your freezer.
- In the microwave, melt 150g dark chocolate and butter in small blasts, stirring in between.
- Once smooth, remove from the microwave and add your crushed digestive biscuits. Mix well.
- Pour about a tablespoon of the chocolate biscuit mix into each baking case.
- Place in the freezer for 5-7 minutes until cooled and hardened.
- Slightly heat your dulce de leche so it is easy to spoon.
- Spread a heaped teaspoon of Dulce De Leche on top of the biscuit base and put back in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- While this is cooling, melt the remaining dark chocolate.
- Remove the chocolates from the freezer and spoon a thin layer of the melted chocolate over the hardened dulce de leche.
- Sprinkle a few sea salt flakes onto each chocolate and place in the freezer for 1.5 hours.
- After 1.5 hours, serve and enjoy!
**You can choose to use any biscuit you would like for these chocolates. Gingernuts work well, but digestive work the best due to their slightly savoury flavour.
** If you are not a big fan of dark chocolate you can omit this with milk or white but it will be a sweeter chocolate.