Looking for a quick, healthy snack that is perfect to take on walks, hikes or beat that 3pm afternoon slump? These nutritious bars are tasty, tangy and filled with all the good stuff! …and involves no cooking!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Setting time: 2 hours or overnight
Ingredients – serves 6
1 cup of Egmont Honey
1 ½ cups oatmeal
½ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup dried cranberries
1 cup sliced dried apricots
½ cup desiccated coconut
1 drop vanilla essence
For the topping:
1 x cup dark chocolate drops
1 tsp coconut oil
- Line your baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Place all dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Place the butter, honey and vanilla extract in a pan. Cook it until butter and honey melt, and the mixture bubbles on the edges and is slightly foamy in the middle.
- Next, add this liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and mix very well until combined.
- Put the energy bar mixture onto the lined baking tin. It will be thick and sticky. You can use a spatula or a spoon to spread evenly and press it lightly.
- From there, heat a pan with a little water and place a bowl over it to melt the chocolate in. Add the coconut oil and mix well until silky smooth.
- Warm your peanut butter until it is slightly runny.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the energy bar mixture.
- Glaze the chocolate with peanut butter.
- Once finished, leave to cool for 10 minutes, then place in the fridge to set.
- Once set, remove from fridge and cut into individual slices. These will last in the fridge for a few days or you can freeze them and grab when needed.